The Artelia Foundation and «Enfants du Mékong» are looking for one employee to volunteer to lead a training module on Robot, Gis and/or Autoland Softwares in the student centre in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Aim and context of the assignment
Since 1997, the association “Enfants du Mékong” has funded and managed a student centre in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The 160 students, all from underprivileged backgrounds, are offered the right conditions to succeed at school and university through additional coaching, appropriate accommodation and personal assistance to help them develop as individuals. Since 2009, the Artelia Foundation has sent 35 people to lead training modules and 2 IT specialists to install the new computer room.
The association wishes to promote a culture of excellence by offering students both theoretical and practical know-how. It also aims to bring the centre’s students into contact with the realities and demands of working life. The training module, to be delivered in English, will focus on the Robot, GIS or Autoland softwares (at least 2 on 3) and include practical exercises.
The module of course does not exist yet. The creation of the module is necessary before the mission (a module “Initiation” and a module “Improvement”).
- The assignment will take place on February 2017 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Dates would be known later.
- Duration of assignment: 6 days on site
- Conditions: All expenses paid. Time taken as paid or unpaid leave. Fluent English desirable
- December 2016 : search for volunteer
- January 2017 : discussions with the teaching team, preparation of courses and material in English
- February 2017 : assignment in Phnom Penh