Training for teams and beneficiaries of Enfants d’Asie programmes in Cambodia
The assignment could be organised over a period of a week to 10 days, with 5 to 7 hours of training per day. Training in several fields is sought:
For the association's beneficiaries
- Language lessons: French and English (two hours and three hours)
- IT lessons: Excel (in order to teach students on finance and secretarial courses), Word and Photoshop (two half-days and two hours per week)
- Training in "soft skills": CV writing and interview preparation (two hours per week)
For the teams
- Language lessons: personalised English and French skill-strengthening classes (for Khmer workers): 7 hours per week
- Excel classes: individual skill-strengthening classes for the assistant manager of EA, the financial manager and the accountant (two half-days)
- "Soft skills" classes: oral communication and reasoning skills, time management, and priority setting (two half-days)
Enfants d’Asie is offering the Artelia Foundation a number of skills-based sponsorship assignments consisting in providing training for the association's teams in Cambodia and the beneficiaries they are supporting.
These training courses will enable the teams and beneficiaries to gain new cross-disciplinary skills. For the teams, the objective is to improve beneficiary monitoring and project management and make work easier for everyone through the sharing of best practices and skills, especially in the field of IT.
For the beneficiaries, most of whom are in higher education, these courses will provide opportunities to gain new skills that will make them better equipped to join the jobs market. Indeed, although these students are highly motivated, the higher education courses they are taking will not necessarily give them an advantage on the increasingly competitive Cambodian employment market.
Enfants d'Asie is a non-profit organisation that was founded in 1991 with the objective of helping children from underprivileged backgrounds in South-East Asia to build a better future. It operates in Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines and Vietnam, where it meets the basic needs of the children it assists (nutrition, housing, medical supervision and disease prevention, and emotional support). It prepares them to move into working life by providing schooling and higher education programmes (both academic and vocational).
POPULATION CONCERNED: The salaried teams of Enfants d’Asie (both local and expatriate), and the underprivileged children supported by the association
BENEFICIARY INVOLVEMENT: Participation in the training activities
ESTIMATED PROJECT BUDGET: N/A
FINANCIAL PARTNERS: N/A